Sunday, September 21, 2014

The 6 Makeup Brushes You Need In Your Life



        Let's talk brushes!!! I love buying brushes, specially the ones I use all the time like eyeshadow brushes! So, I've come up with a list of the brushes you just NEED IN YOUR LIFE, well, according to me! These 6 brushes will get you through a whole face and an eye look!

        1. The Crease/Blending Brush- How can you do an eye look with out one of these bad boys?! These are your best friend for blending!! They are fluffy and a little pointed towards the end sometimes which makes it so easy to get into the crease of your eye and BLEND. BLEND. BLEND. Without blending you'll end up looking like every middle schooler out there who only covers the lid of their eye with a color and then puts a frosty white under their eyebrow/other half of the eye space. So, #gogetyousome, as Eleventh Gorgeous says!! My favorite ones actually came from Target's brand Up and Up! I was just in Target though and noticed that they've changed the packaging and it looks like the brushes themselves, so I'm not sure if they're still available! But you can find these at probably every place that carries makeup brushes!




        2. The Eyeshadow Brush- How you gonna put all that eyeshadow on without one of these? Your finger? I guess that's an option in a pinch, but definitely not my favorite!! I prefer having to not really get any products on my fingers, so I love these! There are many different varieties but they all do the same thing- get that shadow on your lids!! I love stocking up on the Eyes Lips Face (ELF) brand of these because I use them SO much and the ELF ones are only $1! And if you have some for dark colors, and then some for light colors, you don't have to wash your brushes as much! Did I mention this is the #lazygirlsguidetomakeup? Just kidding, but who wants to wash their brushes? That takes way too long and half the time I can't be bothered, so I typically end up wiping my brushes on a makeup remover wipe. Don't judge me, that's basically like cleaning them!!




        3. The Expert Face Brush or a Beauty Blender- The Real Techniques Expert Face Brush is so amazing! I apply my liquid or mousse-y type foundations with it and it works wonders! The bristles/hairs are short enough to apply product with enough pressure and they're packed into the handle at just the right density. It makes the brush sturdy enough to really buff in your foundation and make it look like you're not really wearing makeup. Your foundation, with enough blending, looks like skin! The beauty blender is also awesome because it really applies your foundation in a thin layer. You get the sponge wet and then ring all the water out, leaving the sponge moist and about double the size you start with. This is great for applying all of your foundation in light, thin layers, or blending out concealer under the eyes an around the face! I typically go back and fourth between the Expert Face Brush and the Beauty Blender to apply foundation- it just depends on what I'm feeling that day!



        4. A Powder Brush- A large fluffy brush is ideal for applying powder to set all your foundation. I have a Bare Minerals one, an ELF flat top one, and a random no brand one that I use! I regularly grab for the no name one because it is the softest and applies the powder the lightest! I use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder which can look a little cakey if applied too heavily, so that's why I usually have a light hand when applying! I use these brushes also to set my under eye concealer, when I apply it, with a High Definition (HD) powder! Beware of HD powder though! It typically leaves a white cast on the skin whenever used, so those flash photos will have you looking like Casper!! So, I apply this really lightly with one of the really fluffy face powder brushes in hopes of dispersing the product well and not too heavily.




        5. A Bronzer Brush- I have an angled fluffy brush, again from ELF (Notice a trend? These brushes, especially the studio line are really good and are SO cheap!!) that I use everyday! I use this in addition to a Real Techniques Setting Brush for my contouring. The ELF brush bronzes my whole face well and the Real Techniques brush has a small head on it so I can define the cheekbones and contour my nose easily. If you're looking for a good small contour brush to really get in and define your face I definitely think you need the Real Techniques Setting Brush!! And honestly I've been wanting to get a new all over bronzing brush because this ELF one is getting worn out, but for one dollar I cannot complain!




        
        6. Highlighter/Stippling Brush- These stippling brushes are so good!! You can use them for highlighter, like I do, or for foundation! I've never tried it for foundation, but I'm gonna go buy another one and do so! Using a stippling brush for highlighter works so well because it applies the highlight lightly and it doesn't make you look like you have a streak of shimmer above your cheekbone! It blends it in with your blush and if you wanted, since I didn't include a brush for blush, this brush would be terrific!! Its like the white tips only pick up so much product that its essentially fool-proof! I use one from ELF yet again but I've read awesome reviews about most stippling brushes, so you definitely need to try one out!!



        Here's links to all the places to get some of the products I mentioned:
ELF- for all sorts of makeup and the really affordable brushes!!
Real Techniques- for that Expert Face Brush and Setting Brush, I'm telling you, YOU NEED THEM!!
Ulta- A place for not only brushes, but ALL things makeup, I feel sorry for you if you don't have one of these nearby!! Oh the struggle!
Beauty Blender- the site tells you everything you need to know about the Beauty Blender! Then from there you can find a local retailer that sells them! So you can get that perfect little pink, or maybe another color, egg sponge!
And finally the Up and Up Beauty Brush Section of Target for a bunch of cheap brushes, not as cheap as ELF, but still!




No comments:

Post a Comment