Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Makeup: Old Hollywood Glam

       I was invited to a themed birthday a long while ago now, but the outfit I wore, and makeup of course, has stuck with me! So, for this Halloween, I am pulling out my "costume" and dolling myself up- the outfit was so fun, I couldn't only wear it once! The theme was "Old Hollywood Glam," and everyone looked so fabulous; it was amazing! I'll detail below what I used for this makeup look, and include pictures and details of the other pieces of my outfit! Enjoy!


        Makeup: Classic red lip, added beauty mark, winged liner, simple neutral eye, and added eyebrows, that I forgot to include :o i knew something was missing!

Foundation: Covergirl trublend in 2/430.
Bronzer: theBalm Bronzer in Bahama Mama.
Highlight: theBalm Highlighter in Mary-Lou Manizer.
Eyeshadows: Virgin all over, Buck in the crease, Sin on the lid from the Urban Decay Naked Palette.
Liner: Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Black, Nyx The Curve liner in Black.
Beauty Mark: Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Brown
Lips: Nyx Lip Liner Pencil in Hot Red and Wet n Wild Lipstick in 514A.



        Pair the makeup look with these other items and achieve this look:

Black Cloche hat, if you also don't have hair! If you do in fact have hair, go for the big Hollywood waves like these:

Red velour long gloves, they go to my elbows:


Cigarette holder, I made mine, but you can buy them at costume stores:

A dress with a high neckline, mine is from Forever 21*:

A fur shawl, I bought a chunk of fabric from my local Joann's but, fur is coming back in for the winter, so you may be able to find something that will work*:





Old costume jewelry with a vintage feel- pearls, crystals, etc.*:
 
 

        Now your look as an Old Hollywood Glam Girl is complete! Throw on some simple black heels and you are all good to strut your stuff! Strike a pose with that cigarette holder and you instantly turn into a regal, elegant, very chic lady, who somehow has traveled in time to 2014? Whatevs, its Halloween, RULES DO NOT APPLY.

 *Please excuse the horrible quality of these photos, I took them on my phone, and in all honesty, I can't be bothered to take the items out of my bag and re-photograph them. So, I've learned my lesson and will be taking pics with my camera from now on! Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment