Saturday, April 18, 2015

What's In My Ipsy Bag: April 2015


Favorite time of the month! IPSY time!! Let's get right into it- this month's Ipsy bag was pretty banging!




The Bag: This bag is so cute! It is a woven straw type of material with multi-colored threads added into it! It is so bright and cheery, but also gives off the "Beautifully Bohemian" feel that Ipsy chose as the theme for the month!

Item 1: Mally Beauty Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner in Shimmering Black, full size, retails for $18. You guys! 18 bucks for an eyeliner- this bag has already paid for itself! Uhhh, hello one hell of a deal! This liner is so smooth and glides on like butter. The only issue I have is that the color is as black as I'd like. Now, maybe this is because we received the Shimmering Black color and one that isn't shimmering may be more opaque, but regardless, I'm totes keeping this because it is so easy and smooth and doesn't tug on your eyelids at all! 

Item 2: Olive Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm in Oats and Honey, full size, retails for $5.95. I'm always down for a good lip balm, but I'm not down for this one! I just really don't like the smell of it and for some reason it being called Olive Lips just creeps me out. I just envision a bunch of olives, that in fact, I'd rather be eating, smashed into the tube. Now I know, it's probably olive oil that is used in the lip balm, but still! I'm not sure if I'd actually like another scent or formula, but Oats, Honey, and Olives, just don't seem to go together well for me. It is very moisturizing and feels good on the lips, but I have to smell the weirdness the entire time and I am so not a fan. Thanks, but I'll be passing it on to my mom!

Item 3: theBalm Nude Dude mini eyeshadow in Fit, seems full size of a single shadow in the palette, so I'm gonna say it retails for $3, a 12th of the price of the full palette. This is SO gorgeous!! I'm in love! and I'm really tempted to buy the full palette, because theBalm gets me with their packaging EVERY. TIME. I mean come on, Nude Dudes line the inside of the palette with shadow pans covering up their essential parts! So stinkin' cute! This color in particular is a buttery, soft, coppery color and its right up my alley!

Item 4: Aromachology Sophisticated & Sensual perfume, small roller ball with .17 fl oz, about half the original bottle, retails for $20. Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew. I did not like this scent at all. But, luckily my mom does. It does smell a little elderly, if I do say so myself, but yuck, not my fav! 

Item 5: JulieG Nail Polish in Damsel, full size, retails for $3.99. This color is so cute! Perfect for Spring and Summer! It is a bright medium dark pink. It's not too red and not too light pink, its like the perfect in between color! I really love it! As soon as I'm finished here, I'm painting my toes with it! Bonus: they included a $1 off coupon in the box!! Score!

Overall: I loved this month's bag! The 2 products I didn't really like are being passed on and the 3 I liked a lot are being coveted! I'm so impressed with the shadow by theBalm, absolutely love the color of the JulieG nail polish, not to mention that I also love JulieG, and I am so going to get a lot of use out of the Mally Beauty eyeliner! Although, I still do prefer my Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal! The bag totals out to be worth about $50! 50 BUCKS!!! WHAT?! You definitely NEED to #gogetyousome


No comments:

Post a Comment